QSI FastAttach is an encrypted, Internet-based system that meets HIPAA and HCFA security requirements. It allows dentists to transmit attachments for payers to view securely, via the Internet, in support of electronic claims.
Attachments can include x-rays, periodontal charting, EOBs, intraoral images, and more.
With QSI FastAttach, you can increase your EDI claim volume while minimizing storage and mailroom costs – all you need is a Windows®-based system with Internet access.
- What does QSI FastAttach do for me?
QSI FastAttach reduces costs and speeds reimbursements by enabling dental offices to electronically transmit x-rays, periodontal charts, intraoral photos, EOBs and any other required information for insurance carriers to view securely in support of electronic claims processing.
- How does QSI FastAttach work?
QSI FastAttach securely transmits electronic attachments through the Internet to the repository of National Electronic Attachment, Inc. (NEA), a leading electronic attachment clearinghouse for the healthcare industry. Once the attachment is received, a confirmation number is immediately transmitted back to the provider for tracking purposes and inclusion on insurance claims. The attachments are stored for the insurance carriers and are available to their consultants for review.
- How do I know if I need to send an attachment or not?
QSI FastAttach contains a message box that informs you for which procedures attachments are necessary for each insurance carrier, eliminating unnecessary guesswork.
- How are the attachments connected to the claims?
Per directions from your software and claims clearinghouse, you will connect your attachments to the claims either manually or automatically, utilizing a simple tracking number in the remarks section of your electronic claim.
- If I have a digital x-ray system, do I still need a scanner?
You will not need a scanner for x-rays, but you may want an inexpensive scanner that can scan documents such as perio charts and EOBs or color photographs such as intraoral photographs.
- What do I need to use QSI FastAttach?
The requirements are very simple:
- Windows 2000, XP, or higher operating system
- Monitor with video card capable of 24-bit color
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher
- An Internet Service Provider
- Electronic claims processing capabilities
- A way to digitize attachments (scanner with a transparency adapter or digital radiography system)
- QSIDental® system V9.4 or higher
How do I get started?
Please contact us for more details.
* Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
* Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
* FastAttach is a registered trademark of National Electronic Attachment, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.